Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Reagan's Party and Day 4

Reagan will soon be turning one (tear...sob) so I've been working for the past month or so planning her party. We are going to be doing it in TN so all the fam can come. It's not actually going to be on her birthday which is August 17th. We will be in TN earlier in August so we are going to do it then at my Mom's house.

I was having a hard time deciding exactly what to do, but I knew I wanted to get her a tutu to wear because they're just so cute and fun. When I found this one I loved it and decided just to do everything off of it.

The colors in the tutu will be the colors we use for decorations. We are also splurging and getting her a really nice cake with the same colors and dots and stripes. I promised Justin she wouldn't have another cake like this except maybe when she turns 16. When we were talking about it he said, "Well, she only turns one once...right?" As if to say, "you'd better not be trying to do this every year missy." :) I promised him either I would make her one or we would get a cheap one from wal-mart or whatever. I'm really excited about it! I've got card stock and ribbon to make her a sign and we are going to order a onesie with a big 1 and her name on it to wear with the tutu. I love parties and rarely get to plan birthday parties so I'm having lots of fun with this!

------------------------------------------------

Day 4 of 30 Days of music is a song that makes you sad. I thought for a while about this one. There isn't one in particular that I relate to a certain event or anything so I just started thinking about sad songs in general that I also thought sounded good. If you know me you know I'm not a huge country fan. But occasionally there is a song or group that I like. The Dixie Chicks is a group I was into especially the Home album. The songs on there are more stringed instruments, not overly produced, not too hillbilly and I love the way the girls harmonize. It's a song called Traveling Soldier.




2 comments:

  1. That tutu is adorable! I love all the fun, springy colors. You are on top of things- I'd probably be looking around the week before for decorations and presents- lol. Can't wait to see what you come up with for decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tutu is totally presh! Wish we could come!

    Yeah, that song makes me sad too :(

    ReplyDelete