Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Craftiness, Wealthiness, and Wickedness

I know I didn't post yesterday's 30 days of music but I promise I'll get to it. Yesterday Mom, Reagan, and I went to Tuscaloosa to do a little shopping. We were in search of sleepers for Reagan. She's still too skinny for 12 month stuff but she's too long for her 9 month sleepers. She couldn't straighten her legs out in them anymore. We ended up getting some decent deals at The Children's Place. I'd never shopped there before because I had assumed it was expensive like Gymboree. They were having a really good sale so we got several things. Later we came home and watched Twilight and New Moon. Mom is reading the books and had finished the first two so I got her caught up on the movies. We were up late watching them which is why I didn't post last night. This afternoon we worked on some bows for Reagan. Earlier this week Mom bought her this outfit.


So I made this bow to go with it.


Mom also had made Reagan a dress and made this bow to go with it. I don't have a pic of the dress because it's in Reagan's room and she's sleeping.


I thought we did pretty good for our first shot at making bows! I really had a lot of fun doing it and it was pretty easy for me to figure out. We used tutorials to learn the different techniques. This is something I think I could really get into. Who knows, maybe I could sell some.


------------------------------

So yesterday's 30 days of music song was a song that reminds you of somewhere. The place is a random spot on the highway between the interstate and Demopolis. You see, Justin accepted the position here in February of his second year in preaching school. We would drive down every other weekend. Making the drive that often can get pretty boring. Plus that section of road is exceptionally dull. Every time, to have some fun, I would play this song and force Justin to sing one part and I would take the other. :) Sometimes I still play it on that stretch if I have it with me. I at least think about this song most of the time we drive on that road. It's fun song that makes me smile...and now think about that boring highway.

If I Had $1,000,000 by Barenaked Ladies
(sorry about the random video but most of the live ones had poor sound quality)





Todays song for 30 days of music is a song that reminds you of an event. A while back Wicked (the musical about who the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz really was) was on tour and came to Birmingham. I informed Justin that I would be buying us tickets with my birthday money and we would be going to see it. He whined a little, like most men do about musicals, but still went willingly. :) Once we walked in and he saw the huge stage and set and the live orchestra he got a little more excited. He had no idea how amazing these productions were. Anywho, I was pregnant at the time and Reagan danced around in my belly the whole time. During this song in particular she moved around A LOT. Who can blame her, it is the best song in the musical. Marcie Dodd, the girl playing Elphaba (the wicked witch) was amazing. Any of Marcie Dodd singing on youtube are not good quality because they were done by people trying to hide their camera and record illegally at shows. I'm giving you the Glee version. The kids on this show can SING! It's a shorter version.




This is the version from the original cast recordings from the musical.

1 comment:

  1. I love the original casting of Wicked! Great song! And you two did a great job with the bows!!

    ReplyDelete