Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Recipe: Taco Soup

Tonight I made taco soup! It was the not the first time we've had it, but it was the first time I made it. It was sooooo good! And it was a good night for it too since it is so cold! I had put in my facebook status that I was making it and someone asked about the recipe so I thought it would be easier just to put it here. Plus, I haven't posted a recipe in a while. I took a recipe from Flora Hayes and changed out kidney beans for white beans. You can easily play around with the types of beans in it. It's really easy too!

Taco Soup

1 lb ground beef 2 (16oz) cans chili beans
3/4 c. chopped onion 2 (10oz) cans rotel
1 (16oz) can kidney beans 1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 (16oz) can pinto beans 1 pkg. ranch mix
1 (16oz) can black beans 1 (16oz) can corn (or hominy)

In a large, heavy pot, brown the ground beef and onion; pour off fat (if you use lean ground beef there isn't really any fat to pour off). Add all remaining ingredients, except corn, to the pot and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add corn and cook for 15 minutes. You can serve it with corn or tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream (we don't really like sour cream but people who do say it's good with this soup).

Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. I made taco soup yesterday also. It sure is good when it's 9 degrees! Nobody told me it was this cold in Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete