Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

5 Months!

Reagan turned 5 months old today! It has been a very fast 5 months. She is making the b sound now and blowing raspberries all the time. She is also saying something very close to mama... it's not quite there yet, but close! She gets cuter everyday. When we took her to the doctor the other day for her cold they told us she is now 13lbs 5 oz and somewhere around 25 inches (I can't remember the specific measurement). I've been working on getting her to go to sleep on her own when you lay her in her crib and she does most of the time now. As long as I pay attention to her sleepy cues and get her down before she really starts to fuss she will go on her own. If she gets fussy first, we usually have to rock her for a while. At night she's doing really well at going down. We usually read her a couple of stories, then rock her for a minute and she will go to sleep just fine when you put her down. She is also sleeping through the night more again. She did it really well for a couple of months, then woke up and wanted to be rocked back to sleep, but is not doing that much any more. She is rolling over both ways like a pro and we are working on the sitting up thing. She hasn't really tried to crawl, but we bought her some motivation with some of her Christmas money.

It's a ball that sings and make noises and rolls around on it's own. So far she just gets mad and yells when it rolls out of reach, but she just got it yesterday. Tig's not to sure about it...it scares him a little. :)

After church this morning.


With Grammy


Getting strapped in to head to church.


This is all going by so fast! I'm really trying to take it all in. It's kind of like time means more now. Before there weren't really any significant changes in our lives very often, but now there are new things happening every day. She is constantly starting and stopping new things. I'm scared I'm going to miss something! I'm always nervous I'm not teaching her something I should be or forgetting to do something I wanted to do before she gets too big. I don't want it to turn into a check list of things to do though. I just want to enjoy the ride!

3 comments:

  1. She is such a beautiful baby! I think she is really starting to favor her daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! I love that dress! Gorgeous! She is growing SO fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweet thang, I gave you a blog award! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete