Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Playing Dress Up

This weekend we made a trip to Tennessee. We left Thursday afternoon when Justin finished work and came home last night. It was a quick trip. We managed to see all 4 grandparents (which is a feat), even though we only saw Justin's mom for a few minutes outside of her work. The purpose of this trip was to pick out bride's maids dresses for Meeka's wedding. Meeka is Justin's youngest sister. She's getting married in October. She's the total opposite of a bridezilla. She let us pick whatever dress we wanted. We each (there are 3 of us) are wearing different dresses in the same color and a sash in another color. I love my dress! I took my camera but forgot to get someone to take a picture :( but if you are interested you can see it here. I will also be getting a short sleeved bolero jacket to wear over it so I will be comfortable and modest. It's really hard to find a modest bride's maid dress. When Keila (Justin's other sister) was trying on one that ended up being really low cut they said they can put in a modesty panel. If they would just make them modest in the first place you wouldn't have to worry about it! Moving on :)
The colors are the ones shown in the picture of the dress and the jacket will match the dress color.I had it all planned out before we went, but none of the dresses I had looked at online looked good on me:( I hate when that happens, but I'm kind of glad it did because I really like the one I picked out.
Meeka had planned to try on some dresses too just to see how different styles fit her. She had no intentions of buying. She had seen one dress on the internet that she liked and then saw another bride try it on while we were there. She tried it on and said, "I'm gonna get it. This is my dress." It was the only one she tried on because she was so in love with it. She got teary, her dad got teary, Keila got teary, and Justin got teary. It was so sweet to see them all so excited for her. I only took one picture all weekend and it is of Meeka in her dress so you can't see it! :)
Dress shopping was so much fun. I love playing dress up!!!

1 comment: