Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow in LA...Lower Alabama That Is

On the 12th we got snow! Snow is not very common in lower Alabama. Two years ago we got a decent snow (bigger than this one) and everyone was saying it had been 12 years since they'd seen snow like that. Needless to say, when there is snow, everything shuts down. That night one of our friends went out in search of fast food and everywhere was closed. By then it had almost all melted away but everyone still closed early in fear of ice on the roads. There never was any. :) Technically, this is not Reagan's first time to see snow. There was still some on the ground in TN when we went up there the 3rd through the 6th. (I know I have not blogged about that trip. Sorry, I will try to if I have time before Reagan wakes up from her nap.) But is the first time she saw it falling and she really seemed to enjoy it! It was really pretty for about 2 hours, then it started melting and getting slushy. Yuck. I love it while it's all powdery and pretty. Not so much afterward...then it's just a big 'ole mess. :/

And now the pics!








Reagan was really seeming to enjoy sitting out in it, watching it come down. Daddy, however, was saying, "Hurry up and take the pictures! It's cold!"

Hmmm...this is interesting.

When we let Tig out to do his business he turned around and ran right back inside. I had to go out with him and make him go. He blends in pretty well. :)




1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! I am ready for the snow to move out of TN I don't know about yall in LA! Check out my blog www.lumleyfamily.blogspot.com
    I have not updated it in a very long time but I am going to start trying to do better!

    ReplyDelete