Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Faces of America

Ok...so sorry I'm being a slacker, but of course, we are super busy as usual and I promise to get some pics up and give some updates...later. :) For now I just want to plug a show I watched tonight. It's called Faces of America. It premiered tonight on PBS. It actually came on while we were at church so I recorded it and watched it after we got home. It takes different celebrity types (actors, writers, musicians, etc.) and goes into their family history. The host researches their family and how they came to the US. The stories are so interesting and the celebs learn really cool stuff about their families they never knew before. I wish I could go on there to learn more about my family. It really did make me want to know more about where I came from. I will have to ask my grandparents again. I say again because I have learned some things about both sides, but can't remember all of it. I know part of my family, the Hatler's, came from Germany in the 1800s. My mom's mother has a lot of info on it. She did a section about it for a book one time and has a huge family tree on a poster board. I really need to get copies of all of it. And of course I want to get copies of pictures since I love pictures so much.

Also, I finally found a really fun exercise video. It's called Dance with Julianne: Cardio Ballroom. It's by Julianne Hough, the girl from Dancing With the Stars (she's a country singer too). She was one of my favorites when I used to watch the show. (I had to stop watching it because the women are basically wearing underwear and the dancing gets super suggestive.) But back to the workout...It kicks your booty big-time. Now, Justin is NOT allowed to watch it...the girl is not wearing a lot of clothes and the cha cha is one of the dances (lots of hip shakin). I told him he can't even watch me do it until I can learn it better because I look like an idiot right now! lol It's really hard. It actually has three dances: cha cha, jive, and paso. Right now I am so out of shape that I'm just going to try to get the cha cha down and then move on to the next one. Just doing one section really had me sweating and tired. I was even sore today from it! But it is sooo much fun. It's definitely going to help me work off the rest of the pregnancy pounds and hopefully a little more!

1 comment:

  1. I saw that on TV and wondered if it was any good, I love Julieann too!

    ReplyDelete