Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Another Month Older:6 months

My baby is half a year old!!! (tear) Half a year has gone by already. It really is hard to believe. Look at how much she has grown!


Then




Now


When she was born the giraffe was as big as she was! She still doesn't have any teeth even though she's been teething since she was two months old (argh). She is still drooling like crazy and chewing (hard!) everything in site. One of the things she likes to do now to relieve her gums in stick her paci in her mouth, bite down on it, and pop it out. Case and point:



She also loves to talk, as you saw. She keeps coming up with new things to entertain herself. Like doing this:







There have also been a couple of recent developments. About a week and a half ago we started solids! On the advice from our doctor we were trying to stick it out until 6 months to start, but she started acting like breast milk wasn't enough and was waking up during the night wanting to eat (Something she hasn't done since she was like 2 months). So, when we got home from our trip to TN we decided to go get some rice cereal. She's doing pretty well with now. We are currently doing two feedings of cereal a day and will probably try a vegetable next week.

After some cereal...at that point I think she was getting more on her face and bib than in her mouth. :)

This is her first time trying the cereal.





She is also getting closer and closer to crawling. I have mixed emotions about this one. I want her to crawl and get very excited when she learns new things, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to not be able to set her down some where and come back to find her (generally, she does roll around a lot) in the same place. This also means that I will have to move some things so she doesn't hurt herself or break anything.



This video was taken today. She will rock back and forth and is starting to move just a little.




My precious girl is just so cute I don't know what to do with her some times. Her daddy and I love her so much. Justin and I have discussed the love we have for Reagan and how it is different from any other kind of love. Someone often says to us, "You just thought you loved each other," or "know you really know what love is," or something similar and we say, "We do love each other." The love we have for our child is not greater than the love we have for each other. It's just different. We are really trying to keep our priorities God first, our marriage second, then Reagan. Some make find that odd, but it really is what the Bible teaches. Ephesians 5:31 tells us, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." When we are married we become a unit, we become one. When you marry you are intended to be with that person for the rest of your life. Kids grow up and move out, but your husband will still be there in 18 years.


I know that was a somewhat random tangent, but I that's just where it went. It's something we think about quite often around here. :) I really and truly can't believe it's already been six months. She is the most wonderful, sweet baby and I feel so blessed that God saw it fit to bless Justin and I as her parents!


Here are a few more ridiculously cute pictures for your enjoyment.




5 comments:

  1. SHE IS SO PRECIOUS! I can't wait to meet her! I just can't believe it's been 6 months! Precious, precious, precious!

    Oh and I totally agree with you on priorities. I tried to explain that to someone before (not a Christian) and they were like that is completely foreign. Sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures. The second to last one is great. Love all the videos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's a doll! I love seeing the pics and videos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making it to 6 months mommy! I told you you never really realize how fast time flies until you have a child. I am so glad to hear you say that about loving each other first. I tell Brad all the time God gave us Jacob and Carley to raise until 18, but gave us each other for a lifetime. I think that is a huge problem with parents today, and the reason so many marriages struggle or even fail after the birth of a child. Again congrats, and hopefully we can get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not even just a Christian thing. Husband and I were talking about this the other day and we were watching the show Mad Man and started talking about how in that time, Parents' relationships came first, then kids, and how it has changed now to where some parents are so obsessed about their kids that they lose sight of their relationships with one another- or use their kids as almost a crutch to the relationship- "we don't have time to spend with eachother because we are so busy with the kids, etc"

    I'm also not a parent, so this could hold no merit whatsoever.

    She is a cutie though! Who could resist those big eyes?? Happy Half Birthday Reagan!

    ReplyDelete