Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

So Sorry My Pictures Are Too Good for You!






I will no longer be a customer of the Wal-Mart photo center. Specifically the one in Demopolis. We have had trouble with them on a couple of occasions trying to get photos printed. First, my mom got this picture printed there.

When she went to pick it up they gave her grief and didn't want to let her have it because they thought it was a professional photo. Mom told them thank you and that I would be flattered they thought so. In the end they let her have it.


A few weeks ago I went to get copies of a picture of my mom when she was 1 and one of myself at around one also. They wouldn't let me copy them because they were taken by professionals. Mine did have a professional stamp on it so I understand, even though it is around 25 years old and there is no way I could ever get another copy from the photographer. They also wouldn't let me copy mom's which is about twice as old as mine and was a copy, not even the original. It didn't have a professional stamp or anything but they still wouldn't let me do it. On these two I somewhat understand, but really, how am I supposed to get a copy from the photographer?


Today I sent a couple of pictures in to get printed and I quickly received a phone call. The lady, who was very polite about it, asked who took this picture.
I told her that I took it. She asked if I still had it. I told her yes, on my computer. She then asked if it was still on my memory card. I told her no, I put it on the computer and deleted the memory card because it was full. She said that it looked like a professional photograph so I would have to prove that it was mine in order to get the print. I asked how I was to do that and she said that I could put it on a pen drive and maybe that would work...MAYBE?! I called Justin and told him about it. He said, "We're done. We will get these pictures and then we're done." He even called a manager and the manager told him he couldn't tell if it was professional or not so we'd have to bring in a pen drive with the picture. Now, I do take it as a compliment that someone would think my photos were professional, but really, have they never seen a good professional photo? Mine don't have near as good lighting and aren't near as sharp as professional photos. They just aren't the same quality. Justin took it up there and the machine's usb port was worn out so they couldn't bring it up. The lady decided to shut the machine down and reboot it to see if that would work. It didn't. Then she took it to a computer behind the counter. When she pulled it up it automatically uploaded all the pictures I had on the drive, there were quite a few. She tells Justin we had a lot on there and he says, "yes, we do." :) She never did find the one of Reagan but saw the curtains in another picture and said she guessed that would work. After Justin sat there for 20 minutes while she did all this she finally gave him the picture.

We will now be customers of CVS one hour. They cost a few cents more but hopefully will be much less hassle. To Wal-Mart I say, so sorry my pictures are too good for you!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know it to be fact, but I was told that prints from CVS would fade after only 5 or 6 years.

    Good luck!! Renee Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ridiculous! I would just go to Target and go to those freestanding photo copiers. Seriously, do they want your business or not? Your post got me really fired up! lol. Maybe baby photography is your calling though! You should look into that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are really great, but that is no excuse for the way they did you guys! I'd be taking me business elsewhere as well. I send all my pics to Walgreens-so far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures and a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete