Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas With the Canal Heights Family






This past Saturday night we had a big Christmas party for the whole congregation at our house. We had somewhere around 40 -50 people here. It was a lot of fun! We ate, played dirty Santa, and watched a slide show of pictures from the past year. I love having gatherings like this at my house but I always end up stressing myself out and wearing myself out. I'm trying not to stress so much...but that will take time. :)





It's so fun to spend time with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I think we forget how important fellowship really is. These are the people we should be spending quality time with. They should be as close as family. The fact that the Bible refers to the church as a brotherhood shows that we are a family. Romans 12:10 states, "Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another". In Matthew 12:48-50 Jesus refers to His disciples and those who do the will of God as His mother and brothers, His family. There's nothing like having a support system. I know that no matter what happens I will always have a family behind me to pray for me and with me and to help me through any situation. Best of all, I know I will see this family again one day in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment