Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm Special to the Times

So, I know it's not actually a big deal, but I thought it was pretty cool. A photo I took was used in the local paper yesterday! It's a photo of the football team and the state trophy during the COTR parade. The story in the Demopolis Times is about the team trying to raise funds to buy their state championship rings. The way it happened is this: Justin is best good friends with Jeremy Smith, the sports editor. Jeremy was over at our house and looked through my pictures from the parade. When he saw the pic he said it would be a good one for one of his stories. You can see the actual picture in this post I wrote about COTR.


Of course, Justin couldn't resist teasing me about the credit under the picture. "Special to the Times" is what they put if you are someone who isn't on the paper's staff. Justin just kept saying I was special to the Demopolis Times or that they called me special...silly boy.

2 comments:

  1. That is SO AWESOME! I love it! How is it seeing your name in print?? You are famous now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are special to me...love, justin

    ReplyDelete