Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Teething Baby = Stressed Mommy

Well, I thought it was coming and I was right. I have no doubts now that Reagan is teething. I can't tell where it's coming in yet, but one's coming. The other day I mentioned in another post that she was chewing on things and drooling. She'd also been fussing more. Well tonight she cried non-stop for a couple of hours or so and you could tell she was in pain. We were trying teething rings and tylenol and nothing seemed to be working. I got on facebook and asked for advice. Someone mentioned teething tablets. Justin went in search but, as usual, if you need something that automatically means our walmart will be out of it. Instead he came home with teething gel, orajel, and orajel nighttime. :) I gave her some of the teething gel and she calmed down pretty quickly. Boy was I glad! It was really stressing me out that she was in pain and I couldn't do anything to help. I know it's probably going to get worse, but we found something that works for now at least! She actually was in a rather good mood after the gel kicked in. I got a great video of Justin making her laugh! It was so sweet and it was also the first time he's heard her really laugh like that. I'll have to get it on here soon. At the moment she is sound asleep so I'm going to head to bed myself so I can be well rested for whatever tomorrow brings! Justin and I are going out to eat and to see New Moon! A couple of the college kids from church (who are engaged to be married) are going to babysit. I can't decide if she should be good or give them a good look at what being a parent is like so they can be extra sure they can handle it before they become parents! :)

1 comment:

  1. And so it begins!

    There was a time when we would give Benjamin tylenol every night before bed. Orajel is awesome too! Good "luck" teething! Just wait till the top ones come through - those gave us TROUBLE.

    ReplyDelete