Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dr. Seuss is Funny Stuff

Yesterday Reagan and I were laying in the floor. I was getting ready to read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss. I held the book up above us and turned to the first page. All of a sudden I heard this laughing next to me! She was looking at the book and laughing at it! She's given little "ha ha" laughs before, but this was several in a row. It was the cutest thing I've ever heard. It absolutely melted my heart. Unfortunately, Daddy was at work so he didn't get to hear it. I tried to call him to let him hear, but by the time he was on the phone she stopped. I hope he gets to hear her do it soon. I can't wait until she gives us an even bigger laugh and the day she cackles I will probably cry!







Here she is trying to figure out the fish on her gym.












We had a lot of rain Monday night and Tuesday from Ida pushing in. This is what happens to our basement when there is this much rain in a short period of time.








Everything we keep in there has to be in plastic totes. Even then some things still get a mildew on them. We've been moving anything small enough to fit through the opening to the attic up there to keep it from getting ruined. Fortunately, one side of the basement doesn't have standing water. That's the side we keep all of our stuff on. Hope those of you in Ida's path were able to stay dry!

1 comment:

  1. What a precious little girl! Our basement has looked like this several times this summer and fall from all the downpours we've had.

    ReplyDelete