Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Body After Baby Update

I'm now halfway through my eight week challenge to myself to get in better shape so I thought it was time to give everyone an update. If you missed the first post about it you can read it here. My original goal was to lose ten pounds. I don't know that it's gonna happen. I haven't really lost more than a couple of pounds but I have added muscle and I know that muscle weighs more than fat. If I don't hit the pound goal it will be alright as long as I feel better and can fit into some more clothes.
Lately I've been doing mostly yoga and this week got back on the weights. I have to change it up a lot because I get bored easily, especially if I'm not seeing quick results. I have definitely toned up! My arms look much better and my legs are starting to thin out more. You can actually see a little bit of muscle again! Yay! :) I know that Justin and I are the only ones that see my thighs, but aren't we the most important ones? If nothing else it does help my self esteem, which makes all the difference in the world. So far in my hips I have gone down 1 1/2 inches and in my waist I've gone down 3 inches!
I'm getting close to being able to fit into another pair of jeans. Right now I can only fit into one pair of non-maternity jeans so I am more than ready for another pair. Everything is definitely feeling much tighter and looking smaller and more toned so I know I'm on the right track. I'm drinking more water and trying to eat smaller portions. I'm also trying to be conscious of saturated fat levels in the groceries I buy. So far, so good!

2 comments:

  1. way to go!! my biggest problem area is the one that feeds my kidd so i don't know if it's possible to make that smaller yet!!

    ReplyDelete