Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Recipe: Corn Casserole

This is one of my favorite recipes. It's so easy to fix and is sooo good. My mom fixed it all the time when I was growing up and Justin and I love to have it now. I usually take it to fellowship meals at church and if I don't people ask where it is. :) Enjoy!

1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernel corn (undrained)
1 stick butter or margarine
2 eggs, well beaten
8 oz sour cream
1 small box Jiffy cornbread/corn muffin mix

Mix all ingredients and pour into greased casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 60 minutes.

Tips: I usually melt the butter in the microwave to make it much easier to mix. I also put all the wet in first then the Jiffy so that it all gets mixed together smoothly. The recipe says it takes 30 to 60 minutes, but it always takes mine 60 minutes. I guess it just depends on your oven. I usually make it a little healthier by using low fat or fat free butter and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment