Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

When I actually enjoy being "lectured" at

I told you previously that we were going to the MSOP Lectureship last week. Sorry I"m just now getting around to writing about it. We had such a great (but tiring) time seeing friends and hearing God's word. I think most people don't understand how nice it is for a preacher to be able to sit down and hear someone else do the preaching or for a preacher's wife to be able to sit next to her husband during a worship service. Another thing that is so great about the MSOP lectures is that the students' wives provide childcare during the day. I actually got to hear and listen to speakers! Except, of course, during the evening worship, during which Justin and I took turns taking Reagan to the training room and even to the car one night. Her schedule was so out of whack that by the night time she was done with sitting still or being quiet and was very tired. I also got to hear several wonderful women speak, something else I don't often get to do. They also have 30 minutes of singing every night. Monday night the entire place was full and the singing was amazing! Hearing that kind of singing and taking part in that kind of worship is always so uplifting!


It was also quite an adventure. I told you that our friends Carl, Kristen, and their son Benjamin were staying with us. The very first night we discovered that Reagan had lost her paci somewhere along the trip. This paci was the one they gave her in the hospital and the only one she would ever take. She always went to sleep with it. We tried, in vain, to get her to go down without it, but she just wasn't having it. Everyone else was asleep or trying to get that way so Justin and Reagan ended up going out to Walmart to try to find one she would take. After buying one and driving her around until 1:30 in the morning, he was successful. I guess when she has no other options she will take a different paci. :) We all took turns snoring and waking up Kristen. :) It was a bit crazy, but it was a lot of fun. The kids also had a lot of fun together!




Reagan was just so sleepy one afternoon she passed out holding her new Bible they gave her in class.



It was an awesome 4 days of fellowship and learning, but we were glad to get home and settled. Reagan is mostly back on her schedule (something for which I am very grateful). Now we all seem to have the crud...I think it's sinus/allergy issues from all the pollen that is coating every single surface outside.



Oh, I thought this was interesting on the way home.



Those aren't just black birds or something. Those are vultures. I'd never seen so many in one place at one time...were they waiting on a whole town to bite the dust or what?

2 comments:

  1. That picture of her holding her new Bible is so sweet! We had a great time with yall! Can't wait till next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...are we planning to make this an annual event?

    ReplyDelete