Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter! ...Oh, and by the way, you're fat.

So, yesterday I wore my new "Easter frock" as my mom likes to say. I thought it was really cute and was getting lots of complements on it. In fact, lately I've been getting lots of complements on my getting back into shape. I've actually started to get a better self-image (something that I've struggled with my whole life but having a baby only made worse). That is, until yesterday morning. Someone so kindly decided to share this little gem.

Them: "Your gaining weight aren't you?"
Me: "No, actually, I'm losing weight."
Them: "Oh. Well you've gotten some hips then."
Me: "No, I've always had those."
Them: "Oh, OK."

UGH!!! I felt like they had taken a hunting knife to the small balloon that was my self-esteem. Lesson for everyone out there: Just because you think it, doesn't mean you have to say it out loud.

I know they were wrong. I know I'm not gaining weight. My scale and my clothes tell me I am losing weight. Plus everyone else was so nice and said really sweet things. I'm doing my best not to concentrate on the one negative person. I wanted so badly to say something ugly, but knew that would get me no where and wouldn't be the Christian thing to do. I think the way the dress poofs out must have made said person think I looked bigger or something. Justin continues to tell me I look great and that I looked beautiful yesterday. He's sweet like that. :) Anyway...

I hope everyone had a happy Easter yesterday!

Here we are in our Easter outfits. :)

Isn't that the cutest Easter Bunny you've ever seen?!

She wouldn't keep her ears on!

I hope you all had a wonderful day!

I'll try to post about our Memphis trip soon!

7 comments:

  1. Pish posh, they don't know what they are talking about! By the way, the dress is beautiful! And Reagan is as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let it roll off Micah you are beautiful! I apparantly cant wear long "apron like" shirts! One of the members here said "Did I miss the good news?!" me:"sir?" Him:"Are you pregnent?" So, he went on to say, "well since you were wearing that kind of shirt"...alright...noted! Never ever wear this shirt I really like again! What you know is what counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress! Soo pretty! Some people just cant give a compliment to save their lives. Hopefully it was a really old person with really bad vision that said that to you. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Women who have the bodies of 8-year-old boys don't know what a real woman looks like! And, yes, your sarcastic mom would have probably said something smart if I had been there. I am assuming I know who it was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you hate how one rude person can spoil a day? I try not to dwell on rude people but it's hard not to! I think you look amazing by the way! I've been trying to get motivated to finish losing the baby weight but it's not happening.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same thing happened to me recently- (on St. Patty's day, I posted about someone asking me if I was PREGO!). They tried to blame it on the dress, then a "glow" I had. I just laughed too- because I am losing weight!

    I bet that person just heard all these people telling you how great you look in your awesome dress and just couldn't stand it! I feel sorry for those people, because they just can't be happy for others and they have a low self-esteem themselves. Kill 'em with kindness, that's what I always say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love Alabama!!! I think you look great, don't worry about it one bit!

    ReplyDelete