Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weight Watching

I mentioned in my last post that I have started Weight Watchers. I'm the type of person who needs to have something or someone to be accountable to. I'm not good at making myself do it. I need a coach. But not my husband as my coach or I get mad at him. :) I started the program on January 9. I took advantage of the free sign up when you pay for 3 months in advance. I think this offer goes for another week if you're thinking about doing it, by the way. It's around $19 a month. Paying for it makes me feel like I have to stay on it or I'm just wasting money. That's a good motivator for me. Who likes to waste money? It's a good program. You don't have to completely deprive yourself. In fact, they actually give you extra points in addition to your daily points to use over the week however you want. There are some days, though, when I wish I could drink a whole 2 liter of Dr. Pepper, eat a whole chocolate cake,
and not have it count. The points are based on fat, carbs, protein, and fiber. I've also been working out. I've done some toning/light weights, some walking (when it's been warm enough), and some Zumba. I ordered the videos with b-day money and it is definitely a workout!


So I guess you'd like to know how it's all going. In the first two weeks I lost 6 pounds, then another pound the third week. The next three weeks I didn't loose any, but I was definitely getting smaller and could feel a lot more muscle than before. It was pretty discouraging to do all this work and not see the scale move. This week I finally lost more weight, a little over 3 pounds. So far I've lost a little over 10 pounds and several inches. I've got 17 pounds more to meet my goal. If I can keep up my motivation I know I'll get there, eventually.


I didn't take an official before picture but here's one from Halloween. You can't see all of me but you can see from this one and the next that my middle is definitely getting smaller.


This was taken the other night. I couldn't wear this shirt before because it stuck to my "back fat." :)

This is from the summer of 08. I want to look like this again!

Weight Watchers and working out is definitely working. I wish I could just make it work faster! :)

3 comments: