Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Penny Saved...

Yesterday I officially started couponing again. I'd let it go when we moved since I had so much going on and am just now getting around to doing it again. I'm not an extreme couponer like the women on "Extreme Couponing" on TLC or anything, not even close. I just clip coupons from the paper then check the internet to see what's on sale and has coupons that week. Then I go get the things we use. I don't buy things just because I can get a deal. I just use them for the things we would be buying anyway. Sometimes I will use them on a new product to give it a try. It only took me a little while to clip the coupons and look up the sales and I saved.....$9.35! That's not even counting that most of the items I used coupons on were already on sale. I know that's not some huge number, but if you do it every time it definitely adds up. I'll never be one of these women that spends hours couponing and planning and buys so much stuff I have to add a room to hold my stockpile. For me, saving a few bucks on stuff I will actually use is enough for me. After all, "a penny saved is a penny earned!" :)

2 comments:

  1. I need to get into it again. I love doing it. I'm a stockpiler. I use a lot of the stuff in guest baskets when we have people stay over at our house! Good luck to you! Maybe I will clean out my coupon binder today and go through my coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have coupons in my binder from 2009 :/
    I guess I need to work on that. I think I would do it more if I had a buddy here to keep me on track and help me out for a little while.

    ReplyDelete